As most of you know, we recently remodeled our kitchen. Keith Kilpatrick was our contractor and we couldn't be more pleased with his work! It was an 8 week process, but as luck would have it, we timed it perfectly! Andrew had just started drinking whole milk and the spring weather was perfect! Preparing bottles with a water hose would have been a nightmare! We set up a make-shift kitchen in the shop and ate many meals in the carport! It was fun at first, kinda felt like camping- but the got old pretty quick! I thought it would be fun to compare before and after shots of the kitchen! It wasn't until I started this post that I realized how bad our kitchen really was! We've done a lot of painting and work on our house over the years, but we never touched the kitchen. There were many areas that needed work, so we decided to wait until we could redo the whole thing. So please know I did NOT paint the kitchen orange!!
As you can see, Andrew enjoyed helping us pack!

Make-shift kitchen!

When we ate in the carport we used the wagon in place the high chair
We gutted the entire room- top to bottom!

Here you see the bar area- it was really just a catch all station. To the right, we squeezed in a kitchen table.
After...
We removed the table since it was such a crowed space and started using the dining room table. We replaced the table with a comfortable sitting area. We love this part of the room!

After...
We opened up the corner by removing an old chimney that had been covered up years ago to create more counter space. We also added a pantry, something the old kitchen lacked. Where the pantry now stands is where the refrigerator used to be. It was in front of the door to the cellar-So every time a tornado came through, we would have to move the fridge to get to the cellar.



Yes, that is a ceiling fan in the kitchen!


And last but certainly not least!!!! The Laundry Room! I don't have any before pics, so just imagine a narrow room with sagging wood floors and sunshine yellow walls. There was no storage, so we moved an in an old shelving unit that the previous owners left in the garage. There were no doors on the unit, so stuff just hung out everywhere. No where to hide the mop, broom, or vacuum! It was just one bug cluttered mess that made me mad just to go in there. I almost forgot to mention that there was no insulation or air vent in the room. So the extreme temperatures in the room would make me crazy! Oh and the washer and dryer were so old that the entire room would shake when turned on! Needless to say, it was not a laundry room any woman would enjoy using!
We installed a light colored flooring and painted the walls a very light khaki. That alone made the room feel so much bigger. We threw out the old shelves and had floor to ceiling cabinets built. The top is all cabinets and the bottom is all drawers. We put a broom closet at the end. The whole unit is fabulous!! After years of begging I finally wore Andy down-We got a new washer and dryer! I never thought I would love a laundry room so much!



LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! All of y'alls hard work totally paid off...your kitchen is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see it all in person!
ReplyDeleteDrop dead gorgeous!! I love it. I know you are so happy with it finally done. It belongs in a spread in Southern Living. :)
ReplyDelete