In early November our family decided to take a much needed vacation!! We chose Smith Lake as we have been wanting to go for a while. What a wonderful trip!! We stayed in a beautiful cabin in the middle of nowhere! The weather was perfect- upper 60s low 70s the whole time. It was such a peaceful and relaxing trip- just what we all needed! We took our canoe and ventured out into the lake a few times, even though it was pretty windy and got a little scary in the choppy water!
Many of my favorite childhood memories come from Elmore Family vacations we took every year on Labor Day weekend. The whole crew got together and enjoyed time together away from life's distractions. We stopped several years ago as the grandkids were all busy with school activities. Now that we have Andrew, I want him to experiece the same wonderful childhood that I did. The grandchildren are all grown now and we have several great grands in the mix. I hope they will get to enjoy the family tradition in the future.
There are many pictures below, so brace yourselves.
I had to take a picture of my Daddy doing something he NEVER does... relaxing on the pier
the sparkling water was so beautiful
We finally convinced Mama to take a whirl in the canoe- she loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment